Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lux-Update 7-17: Base Textures In!

----------
Since I have been back over the last week or so, I've been able to do alot of experimenting with painting the textures.  Yet again my brother had the critique or, "Keep the Cartoony/Realistic ratio consistent throughout."  One way I implemented that was to keep the fall-off consistent on the color border.  I had the varying gradient to elude to the fur-factor without adding dynamic hair before.  Now I have a painted fur-border to give it the fall-off and fur-factor.  It's barely noticeable from a distance, but on close-ups it really makes it pop.  I have also started to mess with eye-materials.  This is another area I know almost nothing in, so expect it to change.
----------
Speaking of materials, this was completely thrown together as well.  Right now its a Blinn with Diffuse, Spec, and Ambient mapping.  The spec and ambient give it a pseudo-sub-surface, but if I figure out real Mental Ray materials I will most likely use them so that was it looks nice in renders AND in the ViewPort when animating.  Because as animators, we will look at the ViewPort more than we look at the renders.
----------
With all this on Lux now, I think its starting to get its unified look.  And with the exception of Mental-Ray its all pretty much in Maya.  I want this to be easy enough for anyone to download and use, so that is one thing that is causing the constant R&D.

------BUT!  Without further-to-do.... Content:------

(Uploads have been really dark, see the detail pics for good quality)


-----------------------------------------------------




-----------------------------------------------------



-----------------------------------------------------


(I dunno why this one didn't get an alpha, nor did I care enough to investigate)



No comments:

Post a Comment