Monday, June 17, 2013

Lux-Mesh Version 2, time for MOAR feedback!

Hello, all!




Back again, after a weekend of heavy modeling while waiting by the computer.  I got some critiques from 2 people.  I'm gunna put put a turn-around here first again for you to look at, then wire frames at certain angles, with the critiques that got them where they are, so you can look back at the previous post and see how it changed.




Lux_Rig: Mesh Turn-Around Version 2 on Vimeo.

 Not much from the front, except you can see the new toe structure, ears and eyes have been fleshed out too.  From the side we can see the hip re-work. Previously Scott mentioned he didn't like the nearly vertical edge-loop between his torso and hips.  He though it made it feel to "stuck together".  When I re-worked his groin topologyI kept this in mind, and brought most of the top topology back a bit to give more meaning to the bunching, as well as add flow from his chest, and his legs tucking into his pelvis.  you'll also notice the tail is now fully stretched so it can be rigger.





For the toes, Shannon really liked the under the foot geometry, but if I wanted to hit my cartoony/realistic ratio consistent, I would need to re-work the toes.  We wanted to hit a nice arc in the silhouette of the tops of the toes, i think they look much better.

In the face, I gave the eye socket more definition, and gave the brows more geo, and harder-line below the brow.  The ears now also have some topology to allow it to fold like Luxo's but I have a feeling they will need to through a lot more R&D to get it to look right.  Shannon also mentioned pushing the nose a bit, and gave me some good reference to work with, I think it's alot stronger now.




 I also tightened and maintained the under-the-paw topology.





Please, please, please leave more comments and feedback.  I only got critiques last time, and I already think it's much improved.  So logic would state that the more critiques, the more better it'll be!!!  The topolgy looks pretty solid to me, so besides a little bit of polishing I'll be working on the teeth and tongue, and ear topology unless you guys give me some input!



Thanks again,
The PreAnimator

No comments:

Post a Comment