Thursday, June 13, 2013

First Lux-Rig Update!

Hey All,



Been absent for a long time because of a mix of work and apathy.  I've been working on a couple projects, but most things I can't show, and the other things I haven't felt were up-to-par to show.  So to remedy this, I'm going to try and make a free quadruped-rig, based on my beloved doggy Luxo.  I'm going to be using him both as inspiration and reference, constantly poking and prodding himto figure out how his tiny body is made.  Once this puppy is completed I'll be giving it away for free, and uploading it to several rig sources.


I also want to take the time to make this the best thing I have ever made.  I have been needing to push myself as of late, so this is the perfect opportunity.  This also means that if I want it to be the best, I won't be able to do it by myself.  I'll need input from you guys on what you would like to see in a rig, testing at various stages, and for critiques too.


I'll be making a list of features over the next couple days so you can see what I am planning, and so you can tell me what you would like to have added. But for now I wanted to get you guys a glimpse of the mesh so you know I've been working on it, and to get some critique before pushing the mesh and un-wrapping it.


First we got a turn-around:

Lux_Rig: Mesh Turn-Around Version 1


Then here are a few screenshots of the wire-frame on the mesh.


























Next step for the mesh is to make the inside of the mouth, the eye socket, and more inner ear.  Once that gets fleshed out I'm going to focus on the areas of deformation more, like shoulder joints and the ears, since Luxo's floppy ears are a major focus of his character.


Please let me know what you think!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment